In addition to one-on-one Coaching, I provide a variety of related services to help professionals excel. To all my services, I take a Coach-like approach: focus on the client’s objectives, ask powerful questions and hone in on opportunities for learning and growth.
Group Facilitation and Training
Facilitation and training in various forms can ensure that your team is stronger than the sum of its parts. Although I always customize sessions to meet your needs, popular areas of focus include:
- Team Alignment (For both new and established teams)
- Strategic Planning (Ranging from an upcoming project to a long-term focus)
- Conflict Management (Practice the skills to “do conflict” in a productive way)
- Leadership and Management Skills (Beyond the titles, what does it take to lead and manage people?)
- Performance Management (It’s about more than an annual difficult discussion)
- Change Management (Get everyone on the same page; address the “real issues”)
- Communication Styles and Methods (Discuss it instead of making assumptions)
- Working Style Assessments (Discover how your team members’ styles and strengths can be complimentary using the “DiSC” personality assessments)
Sometimes as a leader it is difficult, or even impossible, to get a true read on how you’re received. A “360” involves surveying handful of people in your immediate work environment – peers, direct reports, managers – and then comparing the feedback to the perception you have of yourself. My preferred methods, include:
The Talentsmart “360 Refined” assessment tool, whereby many stakeholders in a your working environment can anonymously (online) assess critical leadership competencies, including Emotional Intelligence, through numerical rankings and also offer written feedback.
A “Subjective” 360-degree assessment, whereby I interview people with whom you interact in the workplace. The information is amalgamated and presented back to you. Usually, This approach is used when there are too few participants to use the online 360 tool.
The 360’s often an eye-opener. Let’s together note your reaction, examine prevalent themes, and decide what specific, meaningful action you will take as a result. This review is frequently followed by a one-on-one coaching engagement to build in some longer-term accountability.
Personal Marketing Documents (a.k.a. “Résumés, etc.”)
A résumé is an important tool to get you what you want in your career. It represents who you are on paper and makes a first impression prior to a first meeting.
Each résumé I create exudes professionalism and highlights you at your best. I’m also an expert in related personal marketing pieces: short biographies and cover letters, even networking e-mails and interview “thank you” letters. Remember, you’re building your brand with every interaction!